Pages

Translate

What do you seek?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Do it yourself and gain time / Faça você mesmo e ganhe tempo.

I was thinking the other day that it seems that a twenty four hours day is too short for most of us to do all things WE SAY we want to do. It seems that lack of time is the real big issue of the human race, of all time!

We spend one third, at least, of the twenty four hours day at work. Should spend another third sleeping, but, surely, not many people can afford this luxury! The third third of the twenty four hours should be enough for us to do whatever we attempt to. But, it isn't!

So, at that day that I was thinking about it, I realised that it doesn't make much sense and I made myself the question "why?". Why can't we simply finish our daily activities and go to bed and have a nice, deserved rest untill the next morning? Why are we always rushing to get things done and, many times, not succeeding in it and need to hire people to clean, wash, paint, cook, fix and even to take care of our children and pets?!

We blame the TIME. This evil thing that seems to play against us. Always trying to escape and disappear somewhere in our precious twenty four hours day. We keep on running after it!

Coming back to my question "why?", I came, of course, to the obvious answer that is we simply have TOO MANY THINGS TO DO! Which I won't question here the reasons for so many activities, jobs and roles. The fact is that we find so many NEEDS, but can't actually deal with everything and have to look for someone else to do it for us.

A few years ago, I've moved to a foreign country and took me some time to find professionals for "first needs" services like house keeping, manicure/pedicure, gym etc. So, I had to do the work myself for a while... you know what? I came to realise that I could do certain things I used to claim I didn't have time for. And, surprisingly, even enjoyed doing those things, like cleaning up, washing, ironing, cooking etc. Even dying my hair and doing my nails became part of my tasks list. Although, later, I've tried some professionals, I still preferred my own way of doing it! After some time, I also realised that that routine actually allowed me more privacy and a better time management, and money saving! I tell you I liked that new style of life!

Now, back to the time issue, I've learned, from that experience, that if I don't have to go out to dye my hair, for example, I can do it myself in less than an hour, at home, before shower. If I go to the salon, I'll have to fix an appointment, negotiate a convenient day and time, drive there, find a park lot, read out-of-date magazines at the waiting room, chit-chat with the hair stylist, then drive back home. It would cost quite an amount and take like 3 hours. Of course, I've got to go simple and not attempt to doing hairlights myself! For that, I'd still be going to a good salon, if I knew one! haha

So, I think this is the crucial point of my wondering. I understood that if I keep life SIMPLE AND EASY, I can do it myself. By doing that way, I believe I save time for other things I couldn't do before. Like cooking! (I'll talk about it another day...).

Please, understand that I'm not saying that everyone should learn how to fix their own car or perform a surgery on their cat, but, that I do ask myself if I'm able to do this or that, on my own, or not. I confess that, in the end, I feel proud and value the job done even more than if I had paid for it.

SIMPLE AND EASY! :-)



Faça você mesmo e ganhe tempo.

Estava pensando, noutro dia, que parece que um dia de vinte e quatro horas é muito curto pra maioria de nós fazermos tudo que DIZEMOS que queremos fazer. Parece que a falta de tempo é realmente o maior problema da raça humana, em todos os tempos!

Passamos, pelo menos, um terço das vinte e quatro horas no trabalho. Deveríamos passar outro terço delas dormindo, mas, certamente, nem todos podem se dar a esse luxo! O terceiro terço das vinte e quatro horas, deveriam ser suficientes para fazermos o que quer mais que seja. Mas, não é!

Então, naquele dia, percebi que isso não fazia muito sentido e me perguntei "por quê?". Por que não podemos simplesmente terminar nossas atividades diárias e ir pra cama e ter um merecido descanso até a manhã seguinte? Por que estamos sempre correndo pra fazer as coisas e nem sempre dando conta delas e precisando contratar alguém pra limpar, lavar, pintar, cozinhar, consertar e até cuidar dos nossos filhos e bichinhos de estimação?!

A gente culpa o TEMPO. Esse maldito que parece estar sempre nos desafiando. Sempre tentando nos escapar e desaparecer em algum lugar de nossas preciosas vinte e quatro horas. E a gente correndo atrás dele!

Voltando à minha pergunta "por quê?", cheguei, é claro, à conclusão óbvia que é simplesmente que temos COISAS DEMAIS PRA FAZER! E não vou questionar aqui as razões pra tantas atividades, tarefas e papéis a desempenhar. O fato é que temos tantas NECESSIDADES, mas, na verdade, não damos conta de tudo e precisamos encontrar alguém pra fazer por nós.

Há alguns anos, me mudei para um outro país e levou algum tempo pra eu encontrar profissionais para as "necessidades básicas" como faxina, manicuri/pedicuri, academia etc. Então, tive que me virar sozinha por um tempo... e quer saber? Percebi que dava pra fazer certas coisas que eu costumava dizer que não tinha tempo antes. E, fiquei surpresa ao me ver gostando de limpar a casa, lavar e passar roupa, cozinhar etc. Até tingir os cabelos e fazer as unhas passou a fazer parte da minha lista de tarefas. Apesar de, posteriormente, eu ter tentado alguns profissionais, preferi continuar a fazer as coisas do meu jeito! Após um tempo, percebi também que aquela rotina, na verdade, acabava me dando mais privacidade e um melhor gerenciamento do meu tempo, além de economizar dinheiro! E confesso que gostei desse novo estilo de vida!

Mas, de volta à questão do tempo, aprendi, com essa experiência, que se eu não precisar sair pra tingir os cabelos, por exemplo, posso tingir eu mesma, em menos de uma hora, em casa, antes do banho. Se eu decidir ir ao salão, vou ter que marcar um horário e negociar o dia e hora mais convenientes, dirigir até lá, encontrar lugar pra estacionar, ficar lendo revistas velhas na salinha de espera, ficar de papo-furado com o cabeleireiro, daí, dirigir de volta pra casa. Isso tudo teria um custo e me tomaria umas 3 horas! É claro também que há um limite e não tentaria fazer luzes louras no cabelo, eu mesma! Pra isso, ainda teria que ir a um bom salão, se conhecesse algum! haha

Então, agora, acho que chego ao ponto crucial da minha dissertação. Aprendi que se eu tiver uma vida SIMPLES E FÁCIL, posso fazer eu mesma. Assim, acredito que ganho tempo pra fazer outras coisas, que antes não dava. Como cozinhar! (Essa é uma conversa pra outro dia...).

Por favor, entenda que não estou aqui dizendo que todo mundo devia aprender como consertar o próprio carro ou fazer uma cirurgia no próprio gato, mas, que sempre me pergunto se sou capaz de fazer isso ou aquilo, ou não. E confesso que, no final, me sinto orgulhosa e dou mais valor pro serviço feito do que se tivesse pago alguém pra fazê-lo.

SIMPLES E FÁCIL! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts