Pages

Translate

What do you seek?

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Livre Estou / Let it go

Sei muito bem como é estar num lugar em que se fala uma língua desconhecida! Sou brasileira e, até a adolescência, só falava português.

Anos mais tarde, passei uns meses na Alemanha e, apesar de entender e falar um pouco de alemão, me sentia como se fosse surda a maior parte do tempo já que não entendia quase nada do que falavam ao meu redor.

Quando fui morar em Cingapura, já falava inglês consideravelmente bem pra achar que não teria problemas pra me comunicar. Ledo engano!! O lugar é cheio de pessoas de muitas nacionalidades e línguas que eu nem sabia existir: tagalog, bahasa, tamil, hokkien... 

Na Austrália, entendo bem e sou bem entendida e já me acostumei ao sotaque local.

Mas, comunicação não é meramente o uso do idioma oficial do país em que se está. Há que se ter muito mais informação além do idioma para manter uma conexão efetiva com as pessoas. É importante se inteirar dos costumes locais em relação à política, esporte, religião, tabus, música, comida etc

Esse ano, ingressei numa nova profissão e ainda estou me acostumando às particularidades relacionadas a esse novo mercado, o de educação pré-escolar. Mas, até agora, o maior (e mais legal!) desafio tem sido pra entender uma língua que, tenho certeza, é muito parecida em quase qualquer país, hoje em dia: vocabulário infantil!

Digo isso porque, com a rapidez de comunicação e comercialização de bens de consumo atuais, crianças do mundo inteiro têm interesses em comum: Lego, Minecraft, Sims, Frozen, Transformers, Spider Man etc

Outro dia, um dos meus pequenos choramingada dizendo que 'precisava da sua Elssa' e eu não fazia ideia do que ele estava falando. No dia seguinte, uma 'princesa de vestido azul acinzentado' rodopiava cantarolando uma música bonita que eu não conhecia. Ontem, uma outra 'princesa de vestido azul acinzentado' chegou na creche e as outras 'princesinhas' menores ficaram loucas! Correram pra abraçá-la e apontavam a foto de uma princesa loira na frente do vestido. Adivinhe quem era a princesa da foto: Elsa, a princesa que se torna rainha de Arendelle e que tem o poder de criar gelo com as próprias mãos.

Frozen O Reino de Gelo, é o hit to momento nas creches do mundo, aparentemente! Então, tive que fazer meu dever de casa e assistir ao filme. Desde ontem à noite que não paro de cantar "livre estou, livre estou..." Rodopio pela sala... "livre estou, livre estou..." Meu marido já está de saco cheio! rsrs Mas, a trilha sonora do filme é linda e essa música não ganhou um Oscar à toa!! Livre Estou

Que venham perguntas e choramingos!! Estou preparada pra dançar e cantar com eles... "livre estou, livre estou..." :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know very well how it feels to be in a place where people speak a different language! I'm Brazilian and, until my adolescence, I spoke only Portuguese.

Years later, I spent a few months in Germany and, although I could speak a little German, I felt like I was deaf most of the time since I couldn't understand almost anything of what was spoken around me.

When I moved to Singapore, I already spoke English pretty well to think that I wouldn't have problems to communicate. Silly rabbit!! The place is full of people of many nationalities and languages ​​that I didn't even know existed: Tagalog, Bahasa, Tamil, Hokkien ...

In Australia, I understand well and am well understood and already got used to the local accent.

But communication is not merely the use of the official language of the country where you are. We must have much more information beyond language to maintain an effective connection with people. It is important to become aware of local customs in relation to politics, sports, religion, taboos, music, food etc.

This year, I started a new career and am still getting used to the peculiarities related to this new industry: pre-school education. But, so far, the biggest (and coolest!) challenge has been to understand a language, I'm sure, is very similar in almost every country today: children vocabulary!

I say this because, with the rapidity of communication and marketing of consumer goods today, children worldwide have interests in common: Lego, Minecraft, Sims, Frozen, Transformers, Spider Man etc.

The other day one of 'my' kids whined saying 'I need my Elssa' and I had no idea what he was talking about. The next day, a 'princess in grayish blue dress' swirled humming a beautiful song that I didn't know. Yesterday, another 'princess in grayish blue dress' arrived at the childcare centre and the other little 'princesses' went crazy! They ran to hug her pointing a picture of a blonde princess on the front of her dress. Guess who was the princess in the photo: Elsa, the Princess that becomes Queen of Arendelle and has the power to create ice with her bare hands.

Frozen is the hit of the moment amongst the children of the world, apparently! So, I had to do my homework and watch the movie. Since last night I can't stop singing "let it go, let it go..." Twirling around the living room... "let it go, let it go..." My husband can't stand it anymore! hehehe But the film's soundtrack is beautiful and this song hasn't won an Oscar for no reason!! Let it go

Let the questions and whimpers come!! I'm ready to dance and sing along with them ... "let it go, let it go ...":-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts